Originally built in 1809 as a residence for Judge Torrens (The Hanging Judge), the Land Steward’s House and servant’s quarter were completely refurbished to create the impressive sandstone frontage at the front of the main building in the mid 1990s. The large orchard and kitchen garden, which is totally enclosed by an 8 ft high brick wall, now accommodate four self-contained blocks of ten bedrooms.
The centre sits in 250 acres of secluded forest woodland at the foot of the Sperrins beside the busy rural town of Draperstown.
For the past fifteen years the centre had a dual role of providing educational programmes and in parallel being a conference/accommodation facility.
See the information pack for more details: